Inaugurated in 2015, the Direct Container Print Conference has proven to be a successful venue for all who seek to know the latest on direct printing for various market applications. Previous participants included AB InBev, Albea, Alpla Werke, Carlsberg, Heineken, Metro, Philips Avent, Procter & Gambler, SABMiller and many others. The 2nd edition of DCP will introduce even more printers, packaging manufacturers and brand owners to the potential of direct to shape container decoration on plastics: bottles, tubes, cups, pots used in food, beverage, cosmetics, personal care or pharmaceuticals industries.
The goal of the conference is to inform both printers and the packaging industry about new innovation and application possibilities enabled by screen, digital inkjet and other printing processes.
We welcome contributions from both key industry players, emerging start-ups and academic institutions who want to highlight newly available solutions and the future direction their research is leading them. Presentations should not exceed 25 minutes, be generic, informative, educational and not overtly commercial product or service presentations.
- low migration
- regulatory issues
- novelty and special effects
- tactile and haptic effects
- printable security features
- machine developments
- pre-press technologies
- screen and stencil technology
- digital inkjet
- pad printing
- dry offset
- hot and cold foiling
- combination print
CURING & DRYING
- UV curing
- LED curing
- radiation curing
- colour management
- market trends
- high value packaging
- brand protection
- product testing and specification
- mass customisation strategies
- surface treatment and preparation
- trends in plastics
SURFACE AND PRINT INSPECTION
CASE STUDIES AND RESEARCH
- Conference language is English.
- DCP is a two-day conference organised at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel in Düsseldorf, Germany with a parallel tabletop exhibition of approx. 25 booths. All presentations will need to book a tabletop for commercial information exchange.
- The conference organisers will review all submitted abstracts to maintain the high quality of the conference. Only papers submitted on time and addressing subjects which are topical and relevant to the conference will be considered for inclusion in the conference programme.
- Although most of our speakers are representing the industry, we welcome non-marketing presentations and cannot accept sales speeches. If you are discussing a proprietary technology or production technique, something only your company does, please emphasise the features and benefits of that technique in generic terms only, not by brand or product name repetition.
- The presentation time is 20-25 minutes which leaves approx. 5 minutes for the questions and answers round.
- First-come, first-served principle applies.
- We will follow up this call for papers with phone calls and correspondence and we will remain available for further questions you may have about this and any other ESMA events.
- We will send the speaker terms and conditions and deadline for final presentation on receipt of the abstract along with confirmation of presentation slot.